Sunday, May 29, 2011

We're weekending in Montreal - part one

I found a half off coupon for the Hyatt Hotel in downtown Montreal so we decided to make a weekend out it.

After checking into our hotel I brought Billy to Simons to pick out some clothes. He lasted 20 minutes before he pulled his "I have to get out of this store NOW" trick. He left me to shop for another hour before the stores closed while he snuck a Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich and a nap.


We got ready for our fun night in Old Montreal. I didn't know it was going to be so warm so I bought this breezy white shirt. It was the perfect choice!


While we waited on our friends we grabbed a drink at the bar. I asked the creative bar tender to make me something fruity but not girly. What an awesome concoxion with fresh squeeze orange juice, bitter, gin, white cranberry juice and grand marnier. Love at first sip.


We had dinner at Venti. It had a fun menu of smaller plates. We picked shared a few appetizers and then two pasta dishes and a lamb dish with 4 sides. Great food, awesome wine and fun conversations!


We took an evening stroll along the water front and then stopped in an outdoor restaurant with live jazz.


Awesome night guys! Thanks!

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment