Monday, July 4, 2011

food, family and sunshine! (part two - the food)

Decorating is important. It'll all about the little touches. But the food is what needs to shine. I think we accomplished that at this past weekend's Canada Day BBQ.

After our prep work was done the guests started arriving and had a seat on our sunny patio to enjoy some veggies and hummus or a cold drink.


Make your own sangria station at the bar.

Did I write "make your own"? I should have wrote "let Emilie make you one".

Dinner. Let the pictures do the talking.


Dessert. What's dinner without a show? We made a tower of cupcakes and had them hidden under tin foil all night. After dinner we did an "unavailing". What a success!




Eating. Lots of eating!
Fireworks. We walked to the marina to watch the gorgeous Town of Cobourg firework display. We mostly just wanted to work off our dinner!


I'm not sure how we're going to top this next year...

Emilie

3 comments:

  1. Pretty blog Emilie! I'm your latest follower, and I would love it if you stopped by and visited my blog.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your little signs! How well-prepared you are!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Delightful and yummy! Lots of fun too!
    That's cool!

    ReplyDelete