Wednesday, August 10, 2011

breakfast cereal sans sugar?

I couldn't help myself. I was looking down the cereal isle at all the sugar filled and expensive boxes of cereal and couldn't bring myself to buy any of them. Just when I was feeling discouraged I spotted a whole separate section- bagged cereal! Of course it's a new 'green movement' to get away from boxes, but I really loved that each bag was 2-4 dollars less than any box of cereal and had more cereal in it!

There were a few to choose from but I really enjoyed this sugar-less three ingredient variety. My mind instantly went to thinking about ways to add flavour and make every breakfast a bit different and fun!

On day one I cut up a banana, sprinkled on some ground flax and drizzled a bit of real maple syrup. What a great combo! I'll be honest the lack of intense sweetness will take some getting used to, but I love the challenge!



What's your favourite cereal?

Emilie

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, where did you find this cereal? Looks great!
    A no (or very low) sugar cereal I like is Ezekiel 4:9 cereal - it's expensive but a small amount of it is really satisfying, so it lasts for awhile.

    ReplyDelete