Sunday, September 18, 2011

healthy brownies?

Ok, so I stopped baking with whole wheat flour a while back. I think if you're going to indulge you should do it right or else you're craving is never truely going to be satisfied.

This recipe was actually research. I'm in charge of my work's wellness newsletter called Fresh Attitude. This quarter's edition has a healthy baking challenge. I tried the brownie recipe just so that I can walk the walk.

Double Chocolate Brownies made with Black Beans and Apple Sauce


They turned out very moist and only a hint of bean flavour. Definitely not a brownie though. More like a cake or square.

I had some leftover coffee icing in the freezer that I put on our first squares for a punch of sweetness. Chocolate and coffee are really great together, playing on each others best qualities.

Here's the recipe book: Bake it up! in case you wanted to try it out. There's lots of fun cookie recipes to try as well.

In the end, I'm still a sucker for all things chocolate!

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment