Wednesday, October 26, 2011

smoothie in a bag


Ahhh, the smoothie. My favourite breakfast time treat. It is just that for me... a treat. It's packed full of healthy ingredients, but I always feel a bit naughty drinking one for breakfast.

As you can tell I'm a bit of a smoothie addict. I love making them, but I'm also curious about how restaurants make them so I usually order one to try. I really didn't like the Tim Horton's version as it's pretty much just a sugary slushy with milk. I recently tried the Pita Pit one and loved e it! It's frozen yogurt, 100% juice and a ziplock bag of frozen bananas and strawberries. Which got me thinking...

Smoothies are a bit of a chore to make in the wee hours of the morning when I'm rushing out the door. Tonight I took out a ziplock bag and a tuperware and filled them with frozen strawberries and sliced bananas. I filled my blender with milk, yogurt and cinnamon and put it in the fridge. Tomorrow I just have to combine the two and presto! A much faster version of my breakfast dessert!


What other combos can I make? Banana, peanut butter and cocoa powder? Strawberry, pineapple? What about freezing the yogurt too? Or even then, just making a lot of smoothie and freezing the whole thing in smaller chunks? Humm... that might be a bit much (although I saw a "smoothie" in a bag at the grocery store the other day!).

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment