Thursday, February 9, 2012

early morning workout motivation

I'm a firm believer of getting your workout in before you start your day. It really puts you in the right mind set!

But! Some mornings it's just tough to get out of bed before the sun is up to work out.

That was me this morning. Here's what I did:

1) motivate with food- I love my quick snack before heading out the door. Sometimes it's a smoothie, but when I'm in a hurry I cut half a banana, spread with peanut butter and enjoy!
 

  Nothing motivates like food!

2) I'm tired now, but I'm going to rejuvenated after this workout! I try to convince my tired self of that!

3) Jump right out of bed when the alarm goes off! How can you be lazy when you've already kick started your heart!

4) Get everything ready the night before- pack your gym back, lay our your workout clothes. 


  Have fun with your workout wear. I'm not usually one to wear pink, but here's a change to play with some colours I'm not usually drawn to! Why not? It's just the gym!

5) If you find yourself really not looking forward to the gym and you're lying in bed (me this morning!) put together a really fun workout. Something that doesn't get boring and keeps you moving from place to place. 

What motivates you for a morning workout?

Emilie

1 comment: