Thursday, August 23, 2012

all wrapped up - wrap sandwich ideas

I bought some whole wheat tortillas the other day and have been having fun making meals with them.

A few nights ago I made a vegetarian burrito inspired by this recipe. It was AWESOME! I loved the sweet potato!


For my version I used Jalapeño Laughing Cow, fresh avocado and with some lime and tomato.


It was even great cold for my picnic lunch in the park!


The second wrap meal I had this week was a tasty egg, spinach and goat cheese wrap.


Egg, Spinach and Goat Cheese Wrap
serves 1

1 handful of spinach
2 eggs
splash of milk
salt, pepper, hot pepper flakes - to taste
2 Tbsp goat cheese blended with 1 tsp pesto
1 leaf lettuce
1 tomato
1 whole wheat tortilla wrap

Beat eggs, milk and seasonings in bowl. Sauté spinach in non-stick pan. Once wilted add egg mixture. Add 1/2 goat cheese/pesto mixture to eggs just before removing from heat to melt. Smear remaining goat cheese/pesto mixture on tortilla and add lettuce, cooked egg mixture and tomatoes. Wrap and enjoy!


Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment