Thursday, August 2, 2012

cheesecake or apple?

After our cottage weekend I hit the ground running. I rushed to get all my packing in before heading to bed and waking up to my work week on the road. It took me 2 hours to pack clothes, food and workout gear. That might be a record! Here are some snapshots of the first half of my week:

Greek salad - I thought I was pretty genius to put the toppings in with the dressing so the lettuce doesn't get soggy!



Simple and oh so good Avocado Sandwich with toasty bread and avocado chunks mixed with olive oil, lemon juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.


 Monday night's dinner of "anything you've got" pasta. I found chick peas, tomatoes, spinach, garlic, onion and pesto at my brother's place and made this awesome pasta dish for us.


Too cool for school! I sported this lovely outfit to work on Tuesday. It was a perfect choice given the hot and humid weather we had!



 Dinner on Tuesday was another simple dish. Salmon cakes with a sauté of green and yellow zucchini, onion and spinach. I topped it with dijon aioli.



This is why I love food services. When I went to the lunch room to get my lunch I was greeted with a HUGE platter of Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake slices.  Sorry apple, you loose your place as dessert today!


Yum!


I hope you are all having a great week so far!

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment