Tuesday, September 4, 2012

birthday dinner

I spent my birth weekend (I was born on labour day, but this year my birthday falls on Wednesday) with my favourite people enjoying good food and lots of fun times!

On route to my parents' place!


Cooking in my parents' kitchen always means wearing a pretty apron.



Dinner on Saturday night was a summer showcase! We started it off with brushetta made from tomatoes and basil from my parents' garden.


The main was a beautifully marinated chicken breast bbq'd to perfection.


We served it with a garden pasta - whole wheat noodles with a shrimp kale, spinach, tomato, parmesan and tomato sauce.




Then it was present and cake time!


Check out this beautiful chocolate cake!


Why have one cake when you can have two? This was a carrot cake with cream cheese icing!


Eating my way to 27. My favourite! Thanks to my family for making the weekend one to remember!

Emilie

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! All of your food looks delicious, especially the precious cupcake.

    I adore that apron.

    ReplyDelete