Thursday, July 22, 2010

Good morning and welcome to your day!

I woke up to a very sunny and breezy Thursday. I just love waking up to the sound of Bob Mackowitz on CBC radio 2. One morning, and I'm not exagerating, my "alarm" went off and the first thing I heard was Bob saying "Good morning and welcome to your day". Needless to say Boh and I are now very good friends!

After my morning cereal I wiped up my new favorite mid-morning treat- A Good Morning Banana Smoothie:
(Note the fabulous blender I got from my boyfriend for Christmas and the amazing Brown's "Cupanion" from work).

Today was a day for pearls. I love accessorizing my outfits, and today was no different. My signature look is a pearl necklace my mom gave me a few years ago. I love wearing while biking to work. The juxtaposition makes me smile the whole ride in!


Since work slows down quite a bit in the summer I find myself actually taking a lunch break away from my desk. I switch my heals for flats and head down the street to a small park with a perfectly situated picnic table where I lay out my feast and dig in while listening to the birds chirping away.
The rest of the work day was uneventful at best. I found myself daydreaming about dinner... turkey meatballs in a herbed tomato sauce on top of whole wheat penne noodles. Top that with fresh basil and nutritional yeast (great stuff, tasted just like Parmesan cheese and packed full of vitamin B12) and you get a picture perfect dinner!



Like icing on cake I ended my day doing a fun Zumba class and then a fun trip to the grocery store to stock up for the weekend. And to think, I get to wake up and do this all over again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment