Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Weather call for Fall Food!

What great weather these past few days! There's a chill in the air and the sun is shining! I've made a whole lot of yummy soul warming foods lately.

Chicken and Potato Stew


Italian Sausage Spaghetti


Sweet Potato Fries


Morning Oatmeal Bake with Dates and Pecans



My Oh My Apple Pie! I'm not usually an apple pie person. But the VP at my company brought in a bag of apples from his front yard apple tree and I wanted to repay him. That turned into a few people volunteering to bring in pies and what's more fun than some friendly competition? This is my attempt at an award winning pie. I used butter instead of lard in the crust, because I rather a buttery dense crust than a flaky crust. The filling is your typical sugar, butter, and apple mixture with pecans as an added twist. The topping is a streusel mixture- just because I'd rather that than more pie crust. These mini pies where made so I could try it without having a whole other pie on hand! They tasted like buttery, sugary, parcels of joy! Yummy apple pie! Check out the recipe: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/deep-dish-apple-pieoh-my/




Purple is in this season and that just works out so well since my wardrobe is filled with it already! The bracelet was a gift from my mom who obviously has the best taste in the world (it works out that it's the same as mine!).


Wildflower picking on our walk back from an amazing Saturday downtown Kingston- Chili Fest, shopping at the market, and gorgeous weather! Happy Fall Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ah!My little Suzie Homemaker! Love the Bracelet!
    Ma

    ReplyDelete