Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Traditional Non-Traditional Thanksgiving

This past weekend my family and I did our traditional non-traditional holiday. Instead of turkey we made Thai Coconut Encrusted Salmon, Rice Pilaf, and Roasted Vegetables.



For desert my mom bought an AMAZING pumpkin pie from a local bakery. She also made her famous apple crisp served with a maple syrup flavoured whipped cream.



To finish the night off I introduced my mother and brother to a Raspberry Chocolate Cocktail complete with fresh raspberries! Yum!


A quick photo shoot before we headed out (it felt like we were taking pictures for the first day of school again) and my brother and I hit the town in style (and filled with numerous cocktails and tasty wine!).

To make the weekend complete I finished a project I have been wanting to do since I moved to Kingston. A homemade lunch pail! This tutorial is fabulously simple (if you skip all the hard steps!) and the results are actually practical (not to mention SO cute!).



No comments:

Post a Comment