Wednesday, October 13, 2010

THE Dress

I spent half my week off this summer at my Aunt and Uncle's cottage near Ottawa. For those of you who know me you would not be surprised that amongst my 8 pairs of shoes, 2 suitcases, and 2 bags of groceries I also brought my sewing machine and some fabric I had been hording for a few years. I wanted to make a knock out dress for my cousin's wedding. And boy did I deliver. It only 1 experienced seamstress, 1 not so experienced seamstress-in-training, 2 tries, and two days to figure out the perfect dress; 'sans pattern'.

I started with this stretchy fabric.


After a failed attempt at the front seam. We decided we had enough material to just start from scratch from the other end. Here I am modeling both dresses.


And in the end it turned out, almost, perfect. When I got home I did a couple of tweaks here and there that I talk about in an early blog post. Here I am modeling the finished product with a very hansom looking BF.

No comments:

Post a Comment