Monday, February 14, 2011

Get Better Soup



I'm sick on Valentine's Day. It's a good thing the BF and I celebrated two days ago when I was relatively healthy! I rarely crave soup, but when I'm sick I need that warm comforting bowl of steaming liquid. Mix that with my new found love of spicy, it's the perfect remedy for what ales you!

Sausage, Tomato, Pasta Soup

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 kelbasa sausage (I used turkey), halved lengthwise and sliced
1 can diced tomatoes (I used the garlic variety)
fresh or dried thyme
a healthy pinch of chili flakes
a few dashes of hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
3 cups whole wheat pasta
1 tetra box of chicken stock
2 handfuls of spinach (my favourite veg and amazing in soup!)

Heat and serve with crackers!

This literally was the fastest soup I've ever made. And man does it have flavour! What's your get better soup?


1 comment:

  1. This soup will certainly make you feel better. Warm hugs my lovely girl. Ma

    ReplyDelete