Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Morning at Grand Mama's House

I woke up to the smell of real bacon and eggs frying in butter. I must be at my grandmama's house! This is my mom's mom, not to be mistaken with my dad's mom who just got married!

I sat down to homemade butter tea biscuits. When I opened it, steam rose up from it's flaky center. I spread homemade strawberry jam over the halves and enjoyed every bite!

My mom, grandmama and I spent the next hour riffling through my grandmama's large button collection. I pulled out a jar full of beauties to use and display in my sewing corner at home.


I took a few pictures while I was in her prized room- a sewing room fit for the master that she is. I love that she still has her original machine from years ago.



I took a few snapshots of her wall of memories:

My parents on their wedding day.

My grandparents on their wedding day.

My gorgeous grandmama. Still as sharp as ever at the at the young age of 89.


She still up keeps a lovely vegetable garden every summer. I picked a bag full of lettuce to bring home.


Emilie

4 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures, full of old and new memories! It sounds like you're having a lovely time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandma stories over the last two posts have really made me smile! Also, love the picture from your parents' wedding - could it be any more 70s?

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving these family posts - although liking how the food is still up there in the photos!
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandmother seems like one lovely lady! And I was drooling over that plate of biscuits and jam...yum!

    By the way, I have a John Frieda giveaway going on right now. If you're interested in entering, just click here!

    Also, I'm leaving for vacation this weekend, and I'm giving people a chance to be featured on my blog while I'm gone. You can find out more information here.

    Have a great day!

    Jessica Marie
    Splendiferous Inclinations

    ReplyDelete