Tuesday, November 15, 2011

cheater spring rolls

I went to the grocery store and came out with lots of veggies and some egg roll wrappers with asian on the brain.
Cheater Spring Rolls

These cheater spring rolls are so easy! Julienne all your veggies (I used carrots, leeks, peppers, zucchini) and stir fry them until warmed through with a bit of a bite. Mix in bean sprouts, garlic, ginger and sauce (soy, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey, hot peppers- you can thicken with corn starch, but I didn't have any so I just added a bit less of everything).  



Put some filling near the bottom of the wrapper. Roll up and bring sides in. Use egg wash to keep them closed (I didn't have any eggs so I just used water).
Roll them around in some oil on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for about 15-20 minutes, turning once.

Voila! Crispy, tasty and healthy spring rolls!


I served them with a super simple sweet and sour sauce (one part ketchup, one part rice wine vinegar, some brown sugar and a few splashes of water. Simmer until thickened!).

Emilie

2 comments:

  1. These sound really, really good!!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete