Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ghost vindaloo

The Bhut Jolokia chili pepper (or the "ghost pepper") is one of the worlds hottest peppers! It has a rating of 855,000 heat units (SHU) on the Scoville scale (a scale that measures spiciness). As a comparison, Tabasco Sauce is 2500 to 5000 SHU.





It's hot stuff! How do I know? I had some a few days ago in the form of the BF's apply named "ghost vindaloo".


He tried a new recipe and it was a hit! The only downfall was that our mouths were ON FIRE! 

 

We downed a lot of milk to cool off. The burn only lasted about 5 minutes after we stopped eating. It was well worth it!


To really dowse the flames we enjoyed the rest of our wine with some tasty dark chocolates.


What's the hottest thing you've ever eaten?

Emilie

1 comment:

  1. My dad has recently started growing some chillies and they are so surprisingly hot. It's that sort of thing as well where you want to be the one who eats more of them than your dad hehe! Honestly my mouth was on fire for hours after, but then I'm not used to hot food. I didn't even realise the Scoville scale exited, hehe! xo

    ReplyDelete