Thursday, May 10, 2012

nutrient overload

I woke up yesterday feeling dreadful. I somehow go through my day and had 9 hours of sleep last night. I don't feel any worse, but I'm not better either. So I must embrace that I have a cold! Right before the weekend too!

Time to fight fire with fire!

I started my morning off with a powerhouse breakfast.



Green Smoothie

1/2 orange, segmented (I ate the other half during prep)
1 frozen banana
1 handful of spinach
1 partially defrosted mango soft tofu portion pack
1 drizzle of honey
about a cup of water

Blend until smooth! I had never made a smoothie without yogurt or milk and this turned out pretty well! I think I added too much water so it was a bit thin, but I'll keep at the recipe and see if I can perfect it.

I also had a bowl of instant oatmeal and some sliced strawberries. I rounded it all out with a multi vitamin.

The rest of my day has been full of soup (really, three kinds! Chicken Noodle for snack at one of our locations, clam chowder for lunch and the BF made me Chicken Veggie soup for dinner!).

I'm off to spend the night on the couch!

Emilie

1 comment: