Tuesday, May 29, 2012

road food

I'm on the road again this week!

Since I will be staying in hotels I need to pack non-perishable snacks to tide me over between meals (or even act as a meal if there's no time). Easy to eat is the key since I'll be driving quite a bit as well.



Car appropriate snack/meal food:

Smoothies (any kind!)
Sandwiches (breakfast: cheese or peanut butter/jam or banana; lunch: anything goes as long as it isn't messy)
Veggies
Trail Mix Jars*
Granola Bars
Crackers
Dry Cereal
Fruit: apples, pears, bananas, grapes, any large chopped fruit
Juice boxes or carbonated beverages
Water




Trail Mix Jars
per jar


Nuts (e.g. walnuts, almonds, etc)
Dried Fruit (e.g. cranberries, cherries, raisins, dates)
Seeds (e.g. ground chia or flax, sunflower)
Coconut
Dried Cereal (e.g. shreddies, mini wheats)
Chocolate chips or other candies

Mix together in your favourite jar!

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment