Thursday, May 17, 2012

strawberry garnish (it's all in the details)

This morning's smoothie was a hit! Chocolate Strawberry and Banana smoothies should be a part of everyone's breakfast.



Chocolate Strawberry and Banana Smoothie
Makes 2

2 cups (plus a bit more for thinning) Dark Chocolate Almond Beverage
1 ripe banana
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 handful of baby spinach (you can't taste it, really!)

Blend until smooth adding liquid or frozen strawberries as needed.


While shopping today I picked up the most lovely tray on sale for only $7!! It was a steal in my eyes. It inspired me to go all out on our table set up for tonight's fairly basic dinner (it's all in the details!).


It's perfect for carrying our usually large number of condiments to the table from the fridge!


As you can see I used a strawberry for garnish on our glasses and in our juice here as well as for the smoothie. 

We had BBQ'd Turkey Sausages with BBQ'd Corn and home made Coleslaw.
 

Note the large amount of condiments on my sausages- ketchup, mustard, hot peppers and hot sauce. 

Emilie

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love BBQ corn :) Wish I had a back yard so I could bbq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how little room you need for a BBQ. Our "patio" is pretty much the size of a BBQ with space for the BBQer. We even had to take one of the shelves off the side of the BBQ to make it fit!

      Delete
  2. The corn looks delicious! I'm trying the smoothie this morning for breakfast.

    A lot of what is on my menu is now inspired by your menu the previous day...it all just looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, thank you for the comment, I hope I can keep providing you with inspiration!

      Emilie

      Delete