Sunday, May 20, 2012

super moist banana raspberry muffins

Baking with low fat, low sugar recipes and whole wheat flour is a challenge! I'm always tweaking and experimenting with recipes to maintain optimal flavour and moistness while still being healthy.

I think I overdid it with these superbly moist muffins, but it turned out to be for the better!

I used my usual banana bread recipe (I'm sure you all have your own favourite one!) and subbed the white flour for very fine pastry whole wheat flour. I also added 1 cup of oatmeal and 1/2 cup low fat sour cream. As I've mentioned before, I also always add one extra banana to the mix.


The best part was the addition of one whole container of fresh raspberries!


Best enjoyed with a pretty pitcher of milk!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment