Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wine and Food Paring

This month's Canadian Association of Food Service Professional's meeting was a Wine and Food Paring!

We tried 6 different wines from the Jabulani winery just outside of Ottawa.

Each course had a food paired with it. It was so much fun trying to pick out the flavours our host (and winery owner Tom) spoke about before tasting each pair.




Along with white fish in a dill sauce, shrimp, pasta and the cheese we also had grilled veal and a wonderful South African delicacy that was similar to beef jerky.





  I'm not the biggest white wine fan, but I loved this one:



I also though the last red we tried was wonderfully complex and really ended the night off with a bang!


Emilie

2 comments:

  1. The cheese and grape photograph is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of white wine either, it has to be pretty nice for me to drink it haha! The food looks delicious. xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete