Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shrimp and Mango Salad with Peanut Dressing

With a bit of prep-work I had myself a salad fit for a restaurant in minutes for lunch yesterday!


Shrimp and Mango Salad with Peanut Dressing
Serves one

A few handfuls of lettuce (I used red leaf and spinach)
Veggies: shredded carrot, sliced red pepper
Fresh or frozen mango chunks
A small handful of peanuts
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
6-7 pealed and cooked shrimp (I let mine sit in a bit of dressing while I prepared the salad for extra flavour!)

Peanut Dressing
A few tablespoons of peanut oil
1/2 of that amount of soy sauce
1/2 lime zested and squeezed
a bit of each: hoisin, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and honey

Mix together in jar and add more ingredients to taste!


Layer your ingredients and drizzle it with the dressing. Enjoy!


I challenge all of you to go to your kitchen and see what kind of lunch you can put together and plate like you're at a restaurant. It makes a regular lunch feel so fancy!

Emilie

1 comment:

  1. I once had the most scrumptious schrimp-mango salad in Barbados - though I doubt the dressing had anything to do with peanut. I must try my hand at the peanut dressings bit, though;-)

    ReplyDelete