Friday, July 27, 2012

crock pot oatmeal

I usually have busy mornings. I try to fit in an hour workout, shower, blogging and breakfast all before work. I like to have breakfast ready for me so I have more time to do other things. That's why I love overnight oats so much! This recipe is like overnight oats but a hot version and can be made in big batches. 

Crockpot Oatmeal is an idea inspired by one of my favourite blogs and I was finally able to try it since my brother bought an new crock pot. 


This recipe makes a ton of oatmeal that you can package in individual containers and re-heat when you need a quick breakfast. I serve mine with a dollop of yogurt. 


Crockpot Oatmeal

1 cup steel cut oats
4 cups water
2 apples, finely chopped (or use another fruit! I added one banana)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tbsp Brown sugar
Other optional ingredients: nuts, dried fruit, ground flax, apple or other fruit sauces instead of fruit, protein powder, cocoa powder, peanut butter


Combine everything in your crock pot, stir and allow to cook on low eight to nine hours.


Emilie

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Definitely need to try this when the weather grows colder. I wonder if I could cut the recipe in half and make it in my mini crock pot...

    ReplyDelete