Sunday, August 26, 2012

strawberry banana muffins

I LOVE to wake up early on a weekend morning and bake. It must be one of my favourite pastimes. 

Yesterday I made a version of these muffins and they were a hit!


I made a few adjustments to the recipe:

Saturday Morning Strawberry Banana Muffins
makes 12 large muffins 

1/2 whole wheat flour 
1/2 white flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1 cup strawberries
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vanilla fat free yogurt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp pure vanilla 

Combine wet and dry ingredients separately minus the berries. Add the wet to the dry and mix until dry ingredients are moist, fold in berries. Don't over mix! Spoon batter into sprayed or oiled muffins tin and bake for 25-30 minutes at 340 degrees celcius. 



I hope your enjoying your weekend mornings!

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment