Saturday, September 29, 2012

fluffy banana peanut butter oatmeal

It's Saturday and I'm up early for work. There's nothing like serving 700 people a home-made burger on a beautiful fall day! 

To fuel my day of running around I made myself a batch of these fluffy oats. I made a few adjustments of course!


Banana Peanut Butter Fluffy Oats
serves one

1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup skim milk (or soy/almond beverage)
1/2 cup water
1/2 banana, sliced thickly
1/2 tbsp ground flax
pinch salt
1/2 tbsp Peanut Butter
small handful of Muesli and 1 spoonful of PB for end

Boil oats, milk, water, banana, flax, salt and 1/2 tbsp PB on medium heat. Once bubbling stir vigorously to create the "fluffy" texture until oats are cooked and liquid is absorbed. Served with your favourite toppings (nuts, cereal, nut/seed butters, dried fruit, fresh fruit- berries would be great!). Enjoy!



I loved the idea of keeping the PB on the spoon. It lasted until the last few bites. Yum!

Enjoy your day!

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment