Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nature's goodness

I'm a HUGE banana fan. I'm not picky about it either. I'll eat them "turning" (half green) or filled with black spots. At any given time you can open my freezer to find numerous frozen black bananas on its shelves. This morning I made one of my staples- a banana smoothie. This one was a bit different and I think it deserves special attention!

Good Morning Banana Smoothie
1/2 Skim Milk or Soy Beverage
1/2 Cup Yogurt or Flavored Soft Tofu
1 Frozen Banana
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
Optional: 1 Tbsp. freshly ground Flax Seed

Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. If blender is spinning and not mixing anything, that's a sign that you need more liquid. Add some more milk.

The great thing about this smoothie is that there is no added sugar and the cinnamon makes it taste like french toast! One recipe makes enough to fill your large take out coffee mug (a trick my friend taught me to take your liquid breakfast on the go and keep it cold!) and is only about 225 calories (depending on the ingredients you use).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment