Thursday, August 19, 2010

Old is new again

Last year I asked my friend to find me a bike. One Sunday morning I got a call from him. He was at the Great Glebe Garage sale in Ottawa standing in front of a old, but well kept Raleigh Road Bike. He said it was brown, I said I was in love. Although I've graduated to a bike that is practical for my purposes I still have my vintage Raleigh for a laugh and as a spare. Those old bikes are so reliable! My project next summer is to fix it up (the breaks are pretty bad, only one of the three gears work, and every time I ride it there's another new noise). My favourite part about it? When I ride down the street I either get "nice bike!" or shocked pedestrians turning around thinking "what in the world is that thing coming towards me making those sounds?". Love it!

Here's my baby:



Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment