Monday, August 23, 2010

Projects a Plenty!

Summer is flying by! I feel my early summer motivation for projects dwindling. Maybe I'm staying up too late sewing and cooking and now I'm too tired to do either! Here's what I've been up to:

A lovely hostess gift for my lovely friend! Every year the ol' tennis gang gets together for a girls weekend at her cottage. This year I made a nautical tube top for her (using my current red tube top as a pattern). I made a high wasted skirt with the leftovers.



Homemade Chicken Broth (YUM! My bro made a tomato, broccoli, and black bean soup out of it the next day).
Baby bibs and burping cloth for my BF's sister's baby shower. SO CUTE! And really easy. His name is Benton, they call him many nicknames, Bentosaurus being one of them. The dad is really into golf so the argyle pattern is in his honor.


Bread for the weekend. I made focaccia bread for the baby shower and a loaf for my bro and I. There really is nothing like fresh bread out of the oven!



To top it all off the BF and I celebrated one year of being together on friday! We went for a food filled picnic by the St. Lawrence on Friday. Of course after he said he wouldn't, there was a single sunflower waiting for me. So happy looking!!

1 comment: