Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Food, Fall, and Fashion

The colder weather is upon us and I’m discovering all of the fall transitional outfits I can put together from my wardrobe. I’m off to Montreal in a few weeks to do my fall/winter wardrobe shopping, so until then I have to make do with what I have! Today was day one with a summery skirt and jacket turned “fall” with a scarf and boots.

My passions have turned back to the kitchen. As I sit in my apartment typing to you all I can smell the earthy scent of a roast chicken in the oven mixing with the lingering curry from dinner. I leave you with a few dishes we’ve enjoyed over the past few weeks:


Salmon Cakes on Rye Crackers with Aoili Sauce and Sautéed Tomatoes and Mushrooms.


A fun table setting for an impromptu dinner party. On the menu: Homemade Caesar Salad with Garlic Shrimp and Home Fries (complete with three dipping sauces).


Homemade Pita Chips served with my grandmother’s salsa.


Spanish Eggs Benedict: Whole wheat English muffins topped with spicy Spanish poached eggs. A great way to really wake up your taste buds!


My version on a Bento Box. Shrimp fresh rolls with a spicy sesame dipping sauce. And you thought lunch had to be ham on white!


The famous “Tuna Curry in a Hurry” from Clover Leaf. I couldn’t just do 5 ingredients. I added green onion and substituted the sour cream for plain yogurt. What a huge hit! It’s an ok substitute for a last minute dinner, but the real thing is so much better and doesn’t take that much longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment