Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trial and Error

The new fall LCBO Food & Drink Magazine and it has fulled my cooking streak to new heights. That, combined with a sweet 1/2 off sale at Loblaws, has given me lots of ideas in the kitchen!

Last night I roasted the perfect chicken, deboned it, froze the bones for a soup next week, and packaged the meat to use for the week. Tonight I made an amazing chicken caesar salad in my favourite wooden salad bowl.


Next I tried a Food & Drink recipe- Dark Chocolate and Cherry Granola Bars. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but mine turned out all crumbly (the perfect granola texture). After reading a few other recipes I see that perhaps trying a fruit puree or peanut butter might help for next time.


This weekend the BF is whisking me away to Mont Tremblant for a weekend of hiking, biking, and amazing food! Here's my contribution:

The middle wine is a local red (Prince Edward County) that was highly recommended by an LCBO staff member. I'm really excited to try it! Should be a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Nice wooden bowl set. Who got you that wonderful kitchen must have.....Hmmm
    Ma

    ReplyDelete