Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chalkboard walls (and doors)

My parents just bought their dream house. It has a fabulous garage that my dad has turned into his work shop. I love that I have a place to do big projects. A few weekends ago I brought over some pieces I needed help with and while working my mom looked up and saw an old school room chalk board stored in the rafters of their garage. What a find! It's bigger upon closer look though, and I'm not sure it will fit in any of our cars to bring it to my new place. If it doesn't I've been thinking of alternative ways to incorporate chalk boards into my new dining room.

I LOVE this idea from Martha Stewart (of course!). She provides a recipe to make different shades of chalk board. I want to do that to my new kitchen door from the dining room.


I found a blog while searching images. She says it all in this post!

Emilie

1 comment: