Wednesday, September 7, 2011

On the road special - days one and two

I'm on the road for three days. That means 1200kms of driving, lots of restaurants, 2 hotel rooms and 3 cities. Here's my workweek in pictures!

Day one:

After 600km, one meeting in city one and then driving to city two to sleep I was ready for a bit of stretching my legs and getting some dinner in me! I ordered some fajitas at a nearby chain restaurant. They were ok, but really hit the spot! I took a hot bath then slept like a baby for 9 hours!

Day two:

I hit the gym for a much needed workout then had some cereal with the cup of milk I bought from the hotel restaurant.



I set up my "office" for a few hours of work before I got kicked out of the room.


Outfit for the day- professional and comfy pant suite


Lunch- the most wonderful little local-vegan restaurant in the downtown core (Pan Bistro). I had their in house cured salmon with a miso salad with tofu and local veggies with toasted local whole wheat bread. SO good. I would go back to the city just for that restaurant.


Outfit for the night - using pieces I brought for day outfits, but jazzed up with pearls and some darker eye-makeup.


Dinner- my colleague and I met in the hotel restaurant of city three's hotel. I had a pad thai while my colleague had butter chicken.


Dessert- a tour of the city and a stop for watermelon sorbet with chocolate covered oatmeal (yeah, sounds odd but but SO good. A bit crunchy and very chocolaty).


We walked around and found this amazing bridge!


Did I mention day two's hotel room is awesome?! My colleague got me a deal at the Delta. It's much nicer than my usual on the road hotels. I even got a 9pm "turn down" water and chocolates!



Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment