Thursday, September 22, 2011

potentially award winning salad

Upon placing my yogurt parfait cup and halved kiwi on my place mat this morning I declared to my mother "your place mats make such a picturesque breakfast!". I proceeded to take a picture of it!


My fiery red cardigan was perfect for my many meeting in Toronto today. I loved pulling the blue from my scarf and mirroring it in my bracelets.


It's almost Rib Fest time! After my amazing win last year I really can't disapoint at this year's secondary competition: Salads!

I'm going seasonal with a Roasted Beet, Pear, Goat Cheese and Candied Walnut Salad with a Balsamic and Maple reduction. Fancy sounding, yes, lacking in any way, absolutely no!


And because my dad can't live off salad alone, I made him a Dijon and Maple Crusted Roast Pork with an Apple Chutney. I served it over a purée of acorn squash. yum.

To top this gourmet Wednesday night feast I made a quick apple crisp with cranberries and walnuts. I mixed some maple syrup in with some yogurt for a healthy and quick topping.

Take that frozen pizza!

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment