Saturday, October 22, 2011

saturday is for cooking

Saturday is a magical day. I had a HUGE to do list and I'm pretty sure I got 75% of it done which is pretty good!

I caught up on some shows while having breakfast.

Big hole bagel with cherry jam.

After a rather intense cycling class at the gym I was famished for some lunch. I "whipped" up a carrot, sweet potato and dill soup with some grated butter biscuits.


The biscuits are a very easy recipe that works on the premise of using very cold or frozen butter. Grate it with a cheese grater instead of having to use a pastry cuter. It works like a charm and gives a very fluffy result.


I used a cookie cutter to make the biscuits. The hearts where my favorite. A perfect crispy bite in the smooth soup.


I was pretty close to just posting this picture; I'm so proud of it. It might be the prettiest picture I've ever taken (according to me at least). Yeah, it's a bowl of soup. But isn't it the prettiest bowl of soup you've ever seen?

This day was not complete without a sweet treat. I made some "healthy" chocolate chip cookies from the cook book I made the black bean brownies from.


The recipe said the dough would be crumbly, but that was an understatement. I couldn't even get them to hold together. After playing with them for a while I eventually just added some applesauce and a bit more oil. I also accidentally dumped a cup of large chocolate chips into the bowl instead of 1/2 a cup of mini chocolate chips. Oops!

Did you make anything wonderful today?

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment