Friday, January 6, 2012

fruits and veggies

Looking back on the food I ate yesterday, I realized that it was mainly fruits and veggies. Which is amazing considering an article I read in the Globe saying Canadians are not eating enough (what else is new?).

I started my day off with two "mini" muffins. I use the term mini because I don't believe in small muffins. I used my mini muffin pan, but I packed them full of healthy blueberry muffin batter! I really liked how moist they turned out. I adapted this recipe for them. The only thing I changed was to add ground fax seed and use use half sour cream/half plain yogurt.


I served a very fruity smoothie alongside my muffins.


For lunch I loaded up on veggies with a spicy tuna wrap.


 We've discovered a great produce market in our city. Everything is fresh and delicious, but more importantly cheap! I featured all our finds in this wrap: yellow peppers, cucumbers, carrots, sprouts and spinach.


 Since I was on a roll I chopped up the rest of the veggies. They're in the fridge just waiting for us to make some hummus!

Happy Friday Everyone! I can't wait for tonight because the BF and I are starting an 8 week boxing class! Let's hope it's as hard core as all the Muay Thai classes I've been taking with my brother!

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment