Monday, May 21, 2012

10 weeks 10 goals - week two

It's week two of the 10 weeks 10 goals challenge I started. Week one was wonderful! Not only did I discover new recipes galore but I really go comfortable on my bike.

Week two will be similar to week one with a couple of twists. 



Week Two

Goal #1 - 5 bike rides (with at least one being 50km) and 2 runs

Goal #2 - salads
 (either as the meal itself or as a side, I need to get my veggie on!)


I'm starting things off with a bang! The BF and I are headed for a 45km ride (with a short stop at the 22km mark for a little picnic at the beach).

For dinner we had baked salmon and roasted local asparagus



with a fun "everything in the fridge" salad on the side.


Chick Pea and Vegetable Salad

1 can chick peas, rinsed
1 red, yellow or orange pepper, diced
1 ripe tomato, diced
1 ripe avocado, diced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
small sprig each of mint and basil, chopped
1 sprig green onion, diced

Dressing
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp dijon 
1 clove garlic, diced
1 pinch salt, pepper and sugar

Prepare the dressing in a small jar and shake until emulsified. Toss salad ingredients with dressing. Refrigerate for 30 minutes up to a few hours before eating. 


Day one done!

Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment