Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dinner under a tent

One of the events at the conference I attended last week was a lovely dinner on the roof of the National Arts Centre in Ottawa. I was scared of being too hot, so I chose a simple summer dress for the event.


As I would say as a child, it was a "turnaround" dress! I couldn't help but test it out!



The venue was beautiful!



And so was the food! We started with a Thai coconut soup with prawns, chicken and kaffir lime broth (wow!).

The we had Shaved acidulated fennel, arugula and pear salad with toasted pecans and blue cheese


For the main we had Spit whole roasted striploin, olive baked ficelle, crushed pink peppercorn and kaffir lime leaf glaze. I particularly enjoyed the lime flavour, it was very fresh.


I couldn't help myself, even though the coffee kept me up way past my bedtime, I enjoyed every bite of this almond tiramisou with espresso ginger sauce.


Emilie

1 comment:

  1. I love your dress...it reminds me a bit of a Monet' watercolor painting....

    ReplyDelete